As you can see, I’m a writer. Besides being an outlet for my thoughts, and a service to the community, this blog also serves as a portfolio. The bad news is that I can’t post everything I write to it and have it be a good product: I have written many things that don’t fit the theme of Witchful Thinking. In particular, I write fiction, poetry, reviews, do academic research, editing, and technical writing. The good news is that I can put my talents and skills to use for you.
Some of my Writing Accomplishments
- New Age Retailer Magazine: I worked as a editors assistant and product reviewer. You can see my writing in 2005-07 periodicals.
- “She’s There in the Shadows”, Witchvox
- “Halloween Witch: Should We Be Offended?”, Witchvox
- “Wuthering Heights: Cathy and Heathcliff as Witches, Familiars, and Devils” Witchvox.
- Witchvox has posted 17 of my original poems.
- 2007 Hecatee’s Sickle Festival featured a script I constructed.
- “Paganism in Academia” guest speaker for ATC Pagan Information Network.
- Woolston-Steen Theological Seminary academic catalog.
- “A Circle of Outsiders” Klipsun Magazine, Nov 2005. I was the subject of the article about college Paganism.
- “Let’s Talk About Grief”, Panygeria, Samhain 2009
- “Changes in the Charge”, academic paper presented at Conference of Current Pagan Studies, 2008.
- “Witchcraft in Wuthering Heights”, academic paper presented at Conference of Current Pagan Studies, 2008.
- “Curved Glass Beads” by Leslie Thiel, edited and formatted an e-book for a glass artist.
- “The Boy in the Canoe: A Love Story” by Jeanie Taloa, edited and formatted autobiographical novella for self-publication through CreateSpace.
- “The Night Before Solstice” by Jamie Freeman, illustrated by Lori Campbell–a short poem book honoring Yule with the whole family that describes the reason for the season.
- “I Invoke Thee: Creating Wiccan Relationship With Deity” by Jamie Freeman–a manual for Drawing Down, invocation, and being a working Priest or Priestess in service to the Gods.
- “The God Oracle” by Jamie Freeman, illustrated by ??–a companion to the lovely Goddess Oracle by Amy Sophia Marashinsky (Author), and Hrana Janto (Illustrator) but focusing on the masculine divine. Includes mythology, ritual, and psychology for each godform.
- Associates in Arts from Pierce Community College, 2003
- Attended the University of Puget Sound, 2002
- BA in English Literature, minor in Humanities/Liberal Studies, 2006
- Nearly completed Masters in Teaching, with Secondary Education and English endorsements (56 credits)
- Masters in Professional Counseling, Amridge University, 2011
- American Counseling Association
- National Association of Cognitive Behavior Therapy
- Pagan Studies online peer network group
- Pagan Professional Counselors online peer network group
- Pagans and Students Together, co-founder and president emeritus
- The Aquarian Tabernacle Church of Wicca, 1st Degree
Publications in which I was Featured
- Wright, Ian. “Once in a Dark Moon”, Western Front Online. Click here.
- Matherne, Kadi. “Circle of Outsiders”. Klipsun Magazine, Nov 2005. Click here, page 24.
- Boy Scouts of America, Hahobas Scout Reservation
- International Order of the Rainbow Girls, Puyallup
- Hecatee’s Sickle Festival Clan Clergy
- Spring Mysteries cast, crew, instructor
- Chalice Hart Healing Hearts Psychic Fair
- Mill Creek Women’s Prison Ministry
- Woolston-Steen Theological Seminary, proctor, curriculum development
Approximate Prices for Services Rendered
- Editing Services: I’ll check for grammar, spelling, punctuation and consistency. I’ll work with you to make sure your writing is clear and says what you want it to say, without changing the meaning.
$170 flat fee for up to 35 pages. Afterwards, $3 per page.
- Comprehensive Copyediting: We will go over your manuscript line-by-line and look for comprehension, clarity, style, tone, concept, rephrasing, reorganization and conventions. It’s like having your very own English teacher…only nicer. And no halitosis. And you’re not in high school.
$200 flat fee for up to 35 pages. Afterwards, $5 per page.
- Technical Writing Services: I’ll make your writing look eye-catching and correct for the genre, and double-check for clarity.
$25 for resume and cover letter. $5 per page for other documents.
- Magazine articles: I get paid the going rate for the particular magazine or journal.
- Product Review: I will need the product and info about the product and the company.
$30 per item reviewed for a rating and a few paragraphs.
- Technical Writing Miscellany: Tell me what you need and I’ll send you a quote.
- Haste the Deadline: $2 per page or $75 flat fee.
Typically, half of the expected total is paid up front, and the rest is due when services are rendered. I usually have a fast turn-around time but please specify your deadline. Deadlines that are moved up may be subject to a fee.
You always have the option of using or dismissing any editing suggestion.
Prices are subject to change based on project and market variability.
I accept documents as .doc or .docx.
Email me today for a free quote! JamieFreemanTarot@gmail.com